Wednesday, August 22, 2012


It’s been a long time since I’ve gotten up at 5:45am on the regular to work out.  Today, I got to VERT at 5:50AM and met one of the trainers Avery Drost outside. The last time I remember working out before daylight consistently was when I was in high school and college training for football. It was never easy to do, and I never looked forward to it, but once I got going it was on! Today was Abe’s first day of school and I want to be able to walk him down to school regularly so about a week ago I moved my 7am workout back to 6am.  It’s been rough, but just adding that little bit of discipline to my day makes me feel like I can do anything. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve missed the discipline that athletics gave me when I was young and it feels great to have even just a taste of it again. We’ll see where I am when it's cold and dark and it doesn’t get light until 7am, but for now I know what I’ll be doing Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 6am. Thanks Avery! 


No comments:

Post a Comment